ZF Engineer II-Plant Quality in Atkins (Marion), Virginia
Engineer II-Plant Quality
Division A - North America Steering
Reports To: Plant Quality Manager
· Provide Quality Engineering support for Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions
· Support Senior Customer Quality Leader on customer concerns 8D activities, by leading the operations group
· Work closely with Supplier Quality Engineer to address supplier quality issues
· Document and track corrective action plans for customer concerns
· Lead the quality and involved teams in the evaluation of customer warranty and assembly plant returns(0Km) for the assembly related issues
· Lead the Quality team on special builds and/or runs
· Participate and represent Quality team in APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) process for new projects
· Development and appliance of SPC (Statistical Process Control) to prevent and solve issues
· Support on the development of mistake proof devices and tools
· Develop and maintain Process Control Plans. Participate in the development and maintenance of Process FMEAs(Failure Modes and Effects Analysis)
· Work with Manufacturing Engineering in the development of operator work instructions
· Specify equipment, gauging, and procedures necessary to properly evaluate the product
· Lead Quality Auditors/support quality updates/verifications/issues analysis on different shifts
· Lead on the analysis (8D activities) of assembly DMR (Defect Material Reports)
· Prioritize and develop improvement plans for internal quality measures
· Conduct audits of the Quality System and the manufacturing process.G54, LPA, etc.
· Whenever needed, participate in workshops and projects focused toward continuous improvement
· Support audits of the Quality system and the manufacturing process
· Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally
· Use hand tools and devices requiring manual dexterity
· Physical stamina to work overtime as required
· Physical strength to lift and maneuver heavy parts
· Physical agility to reach and climb
· B. S. in Mechanical/Electric/Electronics Engineering or related field.
· Solid problem solving/analytical capability.
· Knowledge of 8D’s, Ishikawa, 3X5W, etc.
· Familiar with Quality Systems/TS16949 knowledge preferred
· A high level of self-initiative
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Mechanical aptitude
· Knowledge of:
· Blueprints, tolerance, and measurement
· Industrial Statistical Process Control
· Electronic information / communication systems, networks, computer systems, etc
· 3 to 4 years manufacturing experience in the automotive industry required, (preferred)
· 2-3 years experience with electrical component manufacturing preferred (electric power assisted steering a plus)
· Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
Required Education and Experience
• B. S. in Mechanical/Electric/Electronics Engineering or related field.
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Solid problem solving/analytical capability.
• Knowledge of 8D’s, Ishikawa, 3X5W, etc.
• Familiar with Quality Systems/TS16949 knowledge preferred
• A high level of self-initiative
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Mechanical aptitude
• Knowledge of:
• Blueprints, tolerance, and measurement
• Industrial Statistical Process Control
• Electronic information / communication systems, networks, computer systems, etc
• 3 to 4 years manufacturing experience in the automotive industry required, (preferred)
• 2-3 years experience with electrical component manufacturing preferred (electric power assisted steering a plus)
• Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran