Citi Apps Support Sr Analyst in Belfast, United Kingdom
Primary Location: United Kingdom,Northern Ireland,Belfast
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Job Function: Technology
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18021163
Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Established in Belfast since 2005, Citi is deeply embedded in the financial services sector and is represented in nearly every asset-class. Citi's Institutional Clients Group, Global Consumer Banking, International Personal Bank, Citi Global Wealth Management and Citi Private Bank are all leaders in their respective fields, contributing significantly to Citi's performance in Europe.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Team/ Function Overview:
Citi technology is seeking a highly motivated IT professional to join our Front Office Production Support team in Belfast.
The FXLM (Foreign Exchange and Local Markets Rates) team is responsible for the production environment for a wide range of applications ranging from Pricing, Risk management, Sales tools, to Risk and PNL consolidation, providing application support to our Currencies and Local Markets Rates businesses.
Role/ Position Overview:
We are searching for a highly motivated and enthusiastic person who will provide front line support to Currencies and Local Market Rates businesses. We work in partnership with the business running the application production platform, providing quick resolutions to their issues, drive stability, efficiency and effectiveness improvements to help us and the business succeed.
The role will entail hands-on investigation and issue resolution, incident management and being passionate about taking part in initiatives to improve the production platform.
You will develop detailed knowledge of both Currencies and Rates trading businesses.
You will be working closely with your counterparts operating in a follow-the-sun global model, along with application developers and business analysts.
• Ability to handle incidents, problems and change at a global enterprise level. Calm and analytical when faced with major incidents on critical systems.
• Work as a bridge between application development teams and infrastructure support teams, to drive platform stability.
• Work as a bridge between Business Users and Application Development teams, to drive incidents to resolution.
• Performs controlled resolution of incidents and problems including prioritization and escalation to relevant groups when appropriate, root cause analysis of all problems with follow-through to resolution.
• Communicate effectively with operations and technology partners on a regional or global basis.
• Undertake both individual assignments and participate in team collaboration activities.
• Citi has established a presence in Belfast in 2005 and continues to grow across teams. With reward and recognition based on performance merit, opportunities exist for staff with the ability and determination to have a rewarding career.
• You will gain significant experience of the advanced technologies used to run our business regionally and globally, giving you the vast exposure to new and existing methodologies and systems.
• Work-Life Balance - At Citi, we offer flexible work plans which give employees and managers the chance to meet personal and business needs allowing for alternative schedules to customary business hours.
• Quality orientation with a strong eye for detail.
• Experience of providing business facing support would be an added advantage, but not essential.
• Process driven approach with an appreciation of industry best practice
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Develops and maintains effective and positive working relationship with peers and management.
• Pro-active, organized, thorough and energetic excellent communicator, presenting to senior management level stakeholders.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills, great teammate.
• Technical knowledge of Linux /Unix/ Windows
• Experience and knowledge of databases and data analysis tools such as SQL and Oracle.
Bachelor degree in IT related subjects or relevant experience.
• Drive and Determination; Demonstrates self-motivation and drive and shows determination to achieve goals
• Analysis and Problem Solving: Identifies the key issues in situations, analyses the data, recognizes the root cause of problems and generates successful solutions
• Proactivity and Initiative: Self-starting. Seizes opportunities and acts upon them. Controls events by making suggestions and proposing actions. Completes tasks, projects and plans before being asked
• Building Relationships: Maintains good relationships with colleagues and builds strong professional networks. Recognizes and understands the needs of others, aware of own personal style
• Innovation and Creativity: Creating new and imaginative approaches to work related issues. Questions traditional approaches and demonstrates creativity in the generation of ideas and vision
• Communication Skills: Expresses ideas effectively using a range of communication styles, skills and processes
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer.