Maines Paper & Food Service Delivery Driver Non-CDL Full or Part Time - Greece NY!! in Greece, New York
Due to new Customer Partnerships we are growing and expanding our business and as a result, we are looking for new talent to join our team!
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
Delivery Drivers drive company vehicles and are responsible for the safe, timely, and accurate delivery of food products to customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As needed, operate Non-CDL straight trucks safely and efficiently to maximize miles per gallon.
- Comply with DOT regulations and regularly utilize on-board computers to manage DOT log requirements.
- Use a hand cart to unload product from the back of the truck into customer locations.
- Safely Remove product from trucks and deliver to customer at their desired location (i.e. freezer, cooler).
- Interact with customers to resolve delivery issues.
- Maintain positive customer relations at all times.
- Complete necessary paperwork for customer billing.
- Enter information into vehicles ELD computer.
- Occasionally enter assigned locations during off hours to deliver product by following outlined security procedures.
- Maintain an accident free delivery.
- Clean out vehicles at the end of route.
- Perform proper pre and post-trip inspection and write up any defects or concerns on vehicle condition report.
- Review efficiency report with Store management.
- Ensure safety, timeliness, and accuracy of all role requirements.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, and SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the qualifications, knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to operate company vehicles in a variety of different weather conditions. Strong understanding of DOT requirements. Ability to review documentation and create accurate paperwork and data entry. Excellent customer service skills. Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, particularly verbally with customers. Ability to work independently.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma with a minimum of one (1) year of driving or related delivery experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Valid driver's license with ability to pass routine DOT physicals and drug and alcohol tests.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time with extensive bending/lifting of product up to 100 lbs. The driver must also reach, walk and climb in and out of vehicles. The employee performs duties in a truck as well as at various customer locations. The drivers will occasionally be exposed to fumes and vehicle engine noise, as well as kitchen areas at customers while making deliveries. Employee is required to travel and will be exposed to normal driving conditions.
BENEFITS for Full-time:
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Direct Deposit
- Educational Reimbursement
- Boot Reimbursement
- Excellent Advancement Opportunities
If you're looking for challenge, growth, and genuine job satisfaction, then look to Maines!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled