YMCA of Greater Houston Deck Manager II in Houston, Texas
Provides direct supervision and leadership during swimming lessons.
1. Develops positive relationships with members and participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
2. Encourages member and parent involvement amongst Swim Instructors.
3. Conveys information on aquatic programs and schedules and when appropriate refers members and participants to other programs.
4. Ensures Swim Instructors are maintaining accurate records as required (i.e. attendance, skill sheet, progression tracking, etc.).
5. Provides constructive feedback to Swim Instructors regarding class management/instruction in conjunction with Manager on Duty.
6. Consults with supervisor regarding in-service topics.
7. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
8. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
9. Assists Swim Instructors with organizing and putting away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
10.Trains and supervises Swim Instructor Aides/Assistants as assigned.
1. Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid certification.
2. YMCA Swimming Lesson Instructor Certification.
3. Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
4. Minimum age of 18 years.
5. Experience in teaching YMCA Swim Lessons with a strong knowledge of the program.
6. Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
7. Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status.
Posting ID 83693909286
Job Category Aquatics