Bloomberg Managed Investments Data Analyst in London, United Kingdom
Job Requisition Number: 66875
You love the pace of the financial markets. You're the type of person who has a passion for taking raw numbers and turning them into actionable insights for the world's business and financial decision makers. You live for the detail and understand the importance of the underlying data that inspires news and analysis.
You enjoy working with clients and you're that person who knows what customer service really means. You enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join our Funds and Portfolios and Ownership teams within Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data. Whether you are sourcing relevant market data from new or existing providers, processing complex financial data or implementing technology solutions to enhance our processes and software, your work will ensure that we deliver accurate market data to the financial world first!
We are hiring data analysts across all of our Managed Investments data products including Funds, Portfolios, and Stakeholders. Our team of experts here will determine which role is best for you based on your skills and prior experience.
As a Funds Data Analyst, you will be responsible for the full lifecycle of data relating to all types of funds and collective investment schemes across Europe, Middle East, and Africa. You will be managing every aspect of funds and fund portfolios data, from ensuring the accuracy of the data we maintain all the way to working with data providers and fund managers as well as developing innovative workflow solutions.
As an Ownership Data Analyst, you will be responsible for sourcing, updating, and maintaining ownership information of companies and individuals. You will be collecting and aggregating data from a wide range of sources and contribute to the creation of the best-in-class company ownership profile using your market expertise and technology.
As a 3rd Party index Data Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting all datasets related to global market indices. As part of your role, you will develop deep subject matter knowledge of different datasets, create process efficiencies by leveraging new technologies, and interact with clients to meet their ongoing and evolving needs for index level data.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
Once you start, you will take part in the Global Data Training Programme which will help you build the foundation for your entire career at Bloomberg. Joining the Global Data department means that you are a part of one of the world's leading sources of data; providing accurate, up-to-the-second insights for financial market professionals. You will enhance your financial knowledge, learn about our clients and their needs and build relationships throughout the company. The training will teach you financial concepts, data and the functions of our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal.
As your experience in the team grows, you will be expected to have greater influence on Bloomberg's coverage of your specialised product, whether that is through technical or market expertise, project management or leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, and maintain ownership information using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Develop data standards, policies and procedures, as well as establish and maintain standards for data quality
- Come up with innovative ways to enhance our systems and identify opportunities for automation, product creation, quality improvements, and quicker time-to-market
- Design, plan, and develop processes to optimally extract, transform and load data between data sources
- Liaise with technology teams to enhance relevant product workflows
- Work closely with stakeholders and your team to identify technology needs and translate them into requirements for developers and technical operations
- Design prototypes to illustrate and refine requirements
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Develop a deep understanding of Bloomberg's managed investments products
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
We need you to have:
- A degree in Finance/Economics/Business preferred, or equivalent work experience
- Interest and/or proven experience in data engineering or computer programming (for example: Python, SQL, VBA)
- A strong desire to build up a network internally and externally
- Fluency in English and an additional second European language fluency preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain client relationships
- Effective research, analysis, and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Aspiration to develop strong technical skills
- Availability to start before October 2018
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this:
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Does this sound like you?
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or email@example.com.