Macy's Macy's Green Hills, Nashville, TN: Receiving Team Manager in Nashville, Tennessee
As a Receiving Team Manager, you will support My Macy's by driving sales, productivity, safety and profitability results for all receiving activities by ensuring execution to best practices, merchandising and sales partnerships, and training and development of support team. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Lead, execute and monitor inbound and outbound receiving processes to company standards including dock security, inbound DC trailer processing, merchandise floor-readiness, direct-to-store shipments, supply and fixture deliveries, recycling and backhaul DC trailers
• Build partnerships with store merchandising, sales and security leaders to support accurate, productive and safe receiving processes
• Use tools and analyze documents to forecast workload and allocate resources as needed
• Process soft line and hard line inventory in an efficient and timely manner
• Coordinate merchandise and fixture deliveries with merchandising leaders
• Process RTVs, salvages, and make and breaks in a timely manner
• Monitor and communicate productivity standards and results to the team; identify opportunities
• Ensure that all procedures, policies, exposure standards, safety and shortage awareness are thoroughly understood
• Foster a culture of proper waste management and sustainability.
• Conduct legally required weekly checklist and dedicate sufficient time to ensure the maintenance of centralized waste collection area(s)
• Lead the store as a waste coordinator for the waste management process, including oversight of the hazardous waste, universal waste, backhauled waste, and general trash handling.
• Role Model exemplary service, lead support staff to provide an outstanding shopping experience
• Coach, motivate and develop support team to reach their fullest potential and to increase productivity and efficiency
• Maintain high customer readiness standards; deliver a clean and neat receiving area and stockroom
• Clearly communicate store and Company objectives so both management and staff are well informed
• Recruit, select and train talented, results-oriented support Associates
• Create a positive, inclusive work environment resulting in retention of the best people and turnover reduction
• Monitor and address performance issues on a timely basis; administer reviews
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality
• A minimum of 1-3 years of operations/merchandising retail management
• Ability to read, write, and interpret instructional documents such as reports and procedure manuals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• This position involves regular walking, standing, hearing, and talking. It also involves stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills.
• Effective prioritizing and time management
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment *
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Job: Operations and Logistics
Req ID: 71793658