Citi Research Economist - VP in New York, New York
Primary Location: United States,New York,New York
Education: Master's Degree
Job Function: Research
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Travel Time: No
Job ID: 18029495
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi’s Mission and Value Proposition explains what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients’ and the public’s trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
To maintain and enhance Citi’s capacity to deliver thought leading research on the Central American and Caribbean economies.
Citi Research focuses on delivering the highest quality investment insights to clients on a global basis. The unit includes Equity and Fixed Income research as well as Economic analysis with staff in 25 locations around the world. Citi Research is committed to maintaining the highest level of independence and objectivity in its proprietary products and insights
• Formulate views on the economies of the Central American and Caribbean region (CCA), including Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, and Guatemala. Develop forecasts and determine how economic and political developments impact the markets.
• Interact regularly with both internal and external clients across Equities, FX and Fixed Income.
• Interact with the local Citi franchise including the corporate bank.
• Write regularly on macro and policy developments, as well as occasional thematic reports.
• Contribute to regional and global publications, including the monthly Latin American Economic Outlook and Strategy.
• Develop and maintain relationships/contacts among policymakers and observers in CCA; represent Citi in various CCA-related forums/conferences.
• Arrange occasional investor trips to see local contacts.
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience
• Must be able to speak, read and write in both English and Spanish
• Strong economic background
• M.A. in Economics, Ph.D. preferred
• Excellent writing skills
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
• Econometric analysis and forecasting experience
• Possesses the ability to interact at the highest level with Policy makers in the CCA region.
• Methodical approach and strong organisational capabilities