Marriott Associate Director of Sales in Oxon Hill, Maryland
Job Number 18001MBN
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center, Oxon Hill, Maryland VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return, you’ll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort for specific group business and Destination Sales Executives. Shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals, and guest and associate satisfaction. Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process. Provides day-to-day leadership oversight to the on-property group sales associate, Destination Sales Executive and administrative team with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of the properties sales objectives. Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (e.g., catering and group rooms) for all events.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4 year college degree.
• Demonstrated skills in supervising a team.
• Group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Manages, directs and assists the on-property Destination Sales Executive in site inspections and pulls through business to achieve revenue goals for all opportunities booked through the Group Sales team within the Sales Office.
• Participates within sales leadership team with Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM), Director of Group Sales (DOGS) and Revenue teams for both properties.
• Acts as the primary point of contact in resolving customer issues, contract issues and Group Lodging Organization (GLO) wide opportunities for bookings that are kept on property.
• Acts as lead "sales leader" on site inspections (e.g., warm welcome, chef tables, fond farewell).
• Assists Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) and Director of Group Sales (DOGS) on executing corporate/ regional/ brand requests for information and data as well as owner meetings.
• Assists Director of Sales and Marketing (DOSM) and Director of Group Sales (DOGS) with execution of brand initiatives (e.g., Closing Day, stretch goals, Critical Control Points (CCP's), etc).
• Participates in and aids in the completion of each hotel's business plan calls, group segment calls, and period end review calls.
• Provides specific sales representation at Line Up, Staff meeting, General Sessions, Projections meeting, and Strategy meetings.
• Acts as primary point of contact for Group Sales Organization (GSO) organization and attends targeted Key Account Customer events.
• Assists DOGS in organizing all Familiarization Tours (FAMS) for Group Lodging Organization (GLO).
• Provides oversight for Delphi system to maintain data integrity.
• Develops and manages group sales revenue and operation budgets, and provides forecasting reports.
• Works with management team to create and implement a group sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers and market.
• Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of group sales promotions.
• Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand (e.g., MHR Spirit to Serve Daily Basics, RHR Savvy Service Basics, etc.)
• Verifies that the property implements a seamless turnover from sales to operations and back to sales, while consistently delivering high level of service.
• Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate stakeholders.
• Maintains successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the owner and Marriott International.
• Implements the brand’s service strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the sales process.
• Perform other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g., Group Sales within the Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to establish the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts are complementary, not duplicative.
• Interacts with guests/clients, sales and kitchen, vendors, competitors, local community, catering associations and other hotel departments in order to establish guest satisfaction.
• Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and esablishing their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
• Gains understanding of the hotel’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
• Coordinates and deploys group sales resources on-property to establish pull-through and sustainment of sales strategies and selling solutions.
• Develops a close working relationship with operations to execute strategies at the hotel level.
• Functions as the leader of the property’s group sales effort for specific group business and Destination Sales Executives.
• Manages and directs the on-property dedicated group sales effort to achieve hotel revenue goals by proactively targeting current and new high value accounts in the market and implementing effective sales deployment strategies to grow market share.
• Works with the Director of Sales and Marketing to establish understanding of sales strategy and effective implementation of this strategy for the hotel.
• Manages and directs the on property administrative support team.
• Provides leadership, mentoring and support for direct reports.
• Sets goals and completes performance management responsibilities for all direct reports.
• Shares responsibility for achieving group revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction.
• Maintains ultimate accountability for verifying that the team maximizes group revenue opportunities by up-selling and accurately forecasting revenues (e.g., catering and group rooms) for all events.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.