CGI Technologies and Solutions, Inc. Sr. SAP ABAP Developer in San Diego, California
Sr. SAP ABAP Developer
CGI-experience the commitment
Find similar career opportunities
City:San Diego, California, United States
Employment Type:Full Time
SAP ABAP Senior Developer with focus on ABAP technical expertise SAP solutions EHS, MDM, EAM, IS-PS, IS-U (CCS), CRM in the Service industry, GRC as well as a WORKING knowledge of SAP’s Agentry framework. The developer could be supporting and enhancing a highly customized SAP Work Manager solution that interfaces with SAP GeoE and ArcGIS framework. The developer needs to work independently through the project lifecycle in development and delivery of key SAP customization projects. Responsible for reviewing/analyzing complex ABAP code for defects and identifying/implementing recommended corrections. In this role, perform systems analysis, design, and programming duties involving complex computer applications, initiating corrective actions as necessary to ensure continuing code quality and performance improvements.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Develop SAP solutions utilizing ABAP development in an SAP ECC 6.0 on HANA data base environment
• SAP EHS Health and Safety module knowledge for upcoming EHS project work
• IS-PS - SD (Vendor), MM (Material master, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Order
• Customize and support the implementation of SAP HCM (Benefits (BN), Success Factors Learning Solution (LS), Organizational Management Forms (OM), Personal Administration (PA), Success Factors Performance and Goals (PG), Time Management (PT), Payroll (PY))
• Ensure that any custom developments utilize newer technologies and tools wherever possible, e.g. HANA optimizations and HTML5 UI / Fiori
•Provide excellent customer service to end users by working closely with the Functional, Development, BASIS, and Security teams within the ERP division and project teams, to deliver high quality solutions on time
• Provide technical unit test documentation, support unit testing and validation with the functional team
• Support includes issue resolution, interaction with internal and external resources, and independent research & investigation
• Optimize the performance and use of SAP developed solutions.
• Ensure all work conforms to SAP best practices and the City's IT standards, including documentation within and outside development objects.
• Stay abreast of current trends and technical advancements in the areas of SAP systems, and update skills to adapt to changing technology
• Analyze complex business problems involving various SAP systems and develop appropriate solutions
• Express difficult and complex concepts clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
• Anticipate conditions, plan ahead, establish priorities, and meet project schedules
• Prepare effective written and oral communications, reports, instructions and presentations
• Carry out additional duties as necessary
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Nice to have experience of large-scale SAP implementation experience strongly preferred in the following SAP solution areas:
• Work experience with SAP Mobile Platform (SMP) 3.0
• End-to-end project experience with one or more SAP (Syclo) Agentry based applications such as Work Manager, Inventory Manager, Service Manager, and Rounds Manager
• Solid understanding of the Syclo’s Mobility add-ons on the SAP Back-end including, but not limited to:
o Syclo Configuration Panel
o BAPI Wrappers
o Mobile Data Objects
o Push Scenarios
• Good to have experience with ESRI and ArcGIS integration with Agentry framework
• IS-U (Device, Equipment, Functional location, Notifications, Enhanced Message Management Application, etc.), CRM and Workflow
Able to collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-on opportunities, and have a strong desire to excel
JAVA development experience (Swing, Apache Camel, Syclo)
Enhancing and supporting OpenText StreamServe
SAP EPC Primavera adapter, Riva/AMP
Hardware / Software packages
WINTEL based power user experience: Microsoft Office skills, especially Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint.
ServiceNow, HPQC and SAP Solution Manager as ticketing tools
StreamServe - OpenText Communications Center Enterprise (CCE) - Exstream
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
•5+ years’ experience of large-scale SAP implementation experience strongly preferred in the following SAP EHS, MDM, EAM, HCM, IS-PS, IS-U (CCS) and CRM in the Service industry, and GRC solution areas:
• BOPF (Business Object Processing Framework)
• FPM BOPF Integration (FBI)
• WebDynpro ABAP with Floorplan manager
• ABAP and ABAP-OO on SAP HANA utilizing the latest language additions
• RICEFW, ALE, BAdIs, BAPIs, IDocs, User-exits and Enhancements
• EHS Health and Safety module knowledge for upcoming EHS project work
• SAP Workflow design, change and support (BRF+, Class-based Workflow)Business Add-Ins, BAdI , Enhancement Framework, User-Exits, BTE
Taking pride in providing elegant and quality code without taking shortcuts
As a team player share knowledge and respect with and for your colleagues
Must have configuration and ABAP development experience.
A Bachelors and/or a Master’s degree preferred
At least 5 years of external consulting OR corporate experience in the SAP ABAP space
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned .
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at https://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.
- SAP ABAP
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?* Yes No
CGI member’s email (@cgi.com) *
I agree to allow CGI to contact the CGI member who referred me to obtain additional information about my application and to confirm my referral. *
* This field is required.
CGI is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with US laws and regulations. Click here at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEOPolicy-Signed2017.pdf to access our US EEO/Affirmative action policy.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws:
EPPA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppac.pdf
FMLA at https://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmlaen.pdf
Consolidated EEO Is The Law at http://documents.njoyn.com/homebase/cgi/AMSDocs/EEO_Poster.pdf
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at USEmploymentCompliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here at http://cgi-veterans.jobs/ to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.