Honeywell Senior / Firmware Engineer in Singapore, Singapore
Senior / Firmware Engineer
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
For our Singapore Research & Development Center housing the global printer development team, we are seeking a Senior Firmware Engineer.
We need an addition to our capable team of firmware engineers - together we manage a complete platform as well as our collaboration partners and lead the technical revolution in our industry by developing and successfully deploying exciting features and new technology enablers for our customers.
By joining our team, you will contribute and grow with us. Based on your profile, you will develop your proficiency in various parts of our daily development and technical lead activities including printer languages, application features, communication protocol stacks, real-time drivers, architecture design and technical project management.
20 Develop software
20 Manage software applications
20 Creation of instructional technical manuscripts
20 Create reports
- Design and development of firmware platform and software for Thermal Barcode Printers
- Responsible for detailed design of software components, with the ability to derive optimal design proposals and conduct implementation
- Responsible for design documentation which includes feasibility reports, project schedules and scoping, product requirements, functional specifications, design specifications, development test reports, engineering change notices etc
- Responsible for performing validation on new design
- Responsible for tracking and execution of individual or smaller team project assignments
- You will work closely with other functions in the organization such as system test, program management, marketing, electrical and quality teams
YOU MUST HAVE
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- At least 4 – 6 years of software development experience in C/C++
- Analytical with strong problem solving skills
- A good team player, confident with project work, assertive and analytical, with drive and the ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Excellent communication skills
Experience in the following areas would be an advantage;
Linux development environment
- Communication protocol stacks, such as 802.11, Bluetooth, USB
- Real-time embedded systems
- Image processing
- Experience working in an Agile/SCRUM project team
- Familiarity with computer languages, C/C++
- Experience working in embedded software architectures
- Solid communication and collaborative skills
- Knowledge of wireless technology
- Some relevant experience
Exempt Careers at Honeywell - Engineering
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD18047
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 17 Changi Business Park Central 1, U01-01/09, #02-01/09, #03-01/09, #04-01/09 & #05-01/05, Singapore, SG 486073 SGP
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.