Express Scripts Director - Strategic Drug Sourcing in St. Louis, Missouri
The Director - Strategic Drug Sourcing owns the relationship and strategic direction with all wholesalers, specialty distributors, and other non-pharma suppliers of drugs and related products that supply Express Scripts / Accredo pharmacies. The Director, Strategic Drug Sourcing will also be the primary liaison between ESI purchasing and operations organization and our wholesale suppliers.
- Direct communication with ESI pharmacy suppliers, and ESI Supply Chain management related to contracting, and other corporate level issues related to ESI / Accredo drug purchasing.
- Manage the team that is responsible for maintaining ESI / Accredo pharmacy purchase compliance with our contracts and purchasing strategies.
- Manage the team that executes our strategies around investment buys and other strategic purchasing initiatives
- Maintain miscellaneous reports and lists to support specialty purchasing and implementation efforts
- Maintain ESI / Accredo Approved Supplier List
- Communicate contract/preferred supplier changes with pharmacy purchasing / operations
- Review summarized metrics related to wholesale and distributor purchases, and communicate with Supply Chain management as required.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent relevant working experience
- 10-14 years relevant experience; 5 years’ experience in pharmacy purchasing; 5 years’ experience in process improvement
- High proficiency in Excel and high quantitative aptitude required. Ability to work with large amounts of data required.
- Knowledge of pharmacy / PBM business model and industry terminology required
- This position requires a willingness to lead, and offer professional opinions and direction.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage multiple issues over long periods of time with multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work with large teams cross functionally to solve complex problems with speed and efficiency; Strong project management and organizational skills; Strong focus on patient, client & shareholder service
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to manage timelines and balance multiple deadlines.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
As a member of the Sales and Account Management team, you will serve as the face of Express Scripts for our clients. When team members aren’t out winning new business, they are focused on managing relationships and retaining current clients.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes. Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the "Most Admired Companies" in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services. We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation. Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.