Lockheed Martin Visual Media Professional in Washington, District Of Columbia
Description: The ideal candidate’s primary responsibilities will be capturing and editing still photographic and video activities in support of various Lockheed Martin products and sites. Photography assignments will include portraits, covering program milestone events, site events, award ceremonies and other activities. Videography duties will include product documentation, events, training, interviews, videos for presentations, music videos and moderately complex storytelling projects. Pre-production duties, determination of concept, theme, and budget based on client interface. Must have a detailed working knowledge of non-linear video editing equipment and working within a file-based video environment. Required to have a general knowledge of camera applications, location lighting, and related audio equipment. Experience with live webcast video camera operation a plus. Experience with either Nikon or Canon high megapixel professional still photographic equipment. Applicant will be required to stay abreast of emerging trends with cameras, editing software and hardware, including lighting and grip equipment. Frequent domestic travel and frequent overtime work is required. Applicant needs to be creative, have effective communication skills (written and oral), and work efficiently with team members and customers. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Desired Skills: - Advanced photo editing skills using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Camera RAW, Bridge, Lightroom)
- Creative photography and portraiture; Advanced video editing Adobe Premiere Pro
- Working knowledge of Nikon/Canon DSLR, Sony, GoPro
- Experience working within a file-based photo and video environment. Knowledge of data storage devices (memory cards, hard drives, etc.). Understanding of video and audio formats and associated codecs technology.
- Effectively interprets needs and develops creative/technical solutions.
- Capable of balancing a project’s creative requirements with schedule, budget, and resource limitations.
- Consistently meets post production deadlines creating artful and impactful video.
- Ability to take direction well and request information or ask questions when needed.
- Passion for visual storytelling.
- Promote teamwork and a positive work environment.
- Mac/Win knowledge and excellent troubleshooting skills on either platform.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- The ability to manage multiple projects at one time, to work well under pressure and on short deadlines.
- Ability to take feedback and creative criticism professionally, using it to refine projects.
- Ability to follow established workflow and project management tools and procedures.
- Ability to work with a virtual team.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.