Express Scripts Production Supervisor in Whitestown, Indiana
Responsible for day-to-day operations of a team of Front end order processing teams consisting of technicians and pharmacists. The Production Supervisor monitors productivity and performance standards, plans and directs work flow and project assignments. Oversees production volume to ensure service standards are met. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff. Responsible for team’s adherence to corporate attendance and employment policies. Works with the Pharmacy Manager to develop policies, procedures and the business work plan for the team. Recognizes and recommends operational improvements.
- Develop, track and monitor employee’s compliance to quality, service and production standards.
- Monitor prescription turnaround time so that internal standards and client performance guarantees are met. Assist Pharmacy Manager in monitoring costs to ensure compliance with cost to fill goals. Address staff concerns and day to day operational, system, customer service, quality, and professional issues. Work in production as needed.
- Schedule and monitor staff and day to day workflow. Develop employee’s skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback. Oversees resolution of employee relations. Conducts hiring, training, and evaluation of staff.
- Implement programs and process improvements to enhance the level of internal and external customer service provided. Work with Pharmacy Manager to analyze operations and overall efficiencies of the pharmacy.
- Serve as a point of escalation for issues requiring a higher degree of expertise or discretion to resolve. Represents pharmacy operations in cross-functional meetings and projects.
- Other special projects and tasks as assigned.
- BA/BS degree or six to eight years of relevant working experience.
- Up to two years of experience in pharmacy setting, 1-2 years experience in leadership role including 1 year at ESI preferred.
- PC skills including proficiency in Microsoft office, Internet and email
- Strong knowledge of current pharmacy regulations; Demonstrated leadership skills; ability to effectively develop and assist team members; Experience training and coaching less experienced staff – patience to explain details and processes repeatedly
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment and make independent decisions
- Advanced problem solving skills and the ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues with innovative solutions; Technical expertise of ESI’s systems and platforms helpful
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule for peak times; Knowledge of ESI products/services; Willingness to travel
- Must be able to work 2:30pm-11:00pm
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Pharmacy Operations Group is crucial to achieving our mission of practicing pharmacy smarter and putting medicine within reach. Members of this team are at the front line every day interacting with patients, strategizing on improvements and efficiencies, and processing the more than one million prescriptions that come through our world-class pharmacies and distribution facilities across the country.
ABOUT EXPRESS SCRIPTS
Advance your career with the company that makes it easier for people to choose better health.
Express Scripts is a leading healthcare company serving tens of millions of consumers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate, creative and committed to creating systems and service solutions that promote better health outcomes.
Join the company that Fortune magazine ranked as one of the 'Most Admired Companies' in the pharmacy category. Then, use your intelligence, creativity, integrity and hard work to help us enhance our products and services.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and a comprehensive benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, life insurance, paid time off, tuition assistance and an employee stock purchase plan.
Express Scripts is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants must be able to pass a drug test and background investigation.
Express Scripts is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.